Adolescence is a sensitive stage in life which requires proper care, attention and guidance from parents, teachers, counselors and other community members. It is during this stage that children undergo biological changes and associated change in thinking patterns and hence it is essential that they entertain good thoughts and develop healthy habits. In order to mould the child into responsible, well behaving and successful citizens it is essential for the elders to help the adolescent children appreciate proper social behavior. Successful youth programs are those which involve youths in active leadership roles such as peer counselors, program organizers etc. Hence the most important task is first to make adolescent children understand what constitutes appropriate and inappropriate social behavior. 
Parents have the greatest influence in the making of the child. Researchers have found that the behavior of adolescent children is largely defined by the way their parents perceive common social activities or norms.  Teachers come next to parents in helping the child learn to discriminate between what is good and bad behavior. They play an important role in constructing the character of the children. Teachers are not just restricted to the role of academic instructors but more importantly they have the responsibility of the overall development of the children. School counselors provide the appropriate structure to counsel children with erratic behavior without being critical and help them understand positive social norms. So it goes without saying that parents, teachers, counselors and most importantly adolescents themselves have an important role in understanding what appropriate social behavior is during the adolescent stage.
2) Among the various problems that confront adolescents the most concerning is the issue of drug abuse and alcohol consumption. Particularly, the use of ecstasy is very common among teenage children. As per the data released by the national institute on drug abuse more than 90% of 10th graders and 75% of 8th graders feel that access to alcohol is “very easy.”  Drug abuse includes a subset of other problems such as a general decline in academic performance, increase in violent behavior, etc. An associated evil is the increasing sexual activity among teenage children. Adolescents who are abusing drugs are more likely to give in to peer pressure and less likely to resist sexual activity. What is more disturbing is that children under the influence of drugs and alcohol take more risks and do not follow safe sex measures. This is attested by the increase in HIV infection rate among adolescents. 
Adolescents are curious and experimental by nature and substance abuse and sexual activity are the two marked unwelcome behavioral trends among this population. Most adolescent problems are related to each other. Violent behavior, mood swings, absenteeism are all in fact associated factors of substance abuse. Studies by Richardson et al. (1989) and YMCA (2001) have identified that the single most important factor responsible for this increasing negative behavior among adolescents is the lack of parental or adult supervision and the increasing amount of time that they spend alone. The study conducted on 5000 8th grade students in San Diego has confirmed that children left home alone are more likely to try alcohol and drugs early in their life. 
3) School Counselors have the huge responsibility as human resource personnel and are in charge of initiating collaborative efforts and implementing counseling programs. Adolescence is a transitional phase where children pick up social skills and learn how to interact with the society independently. During this stage they are faced with situations that demands making choices of their own. It is common for children to succumb to peer pressure and give in to unhealthy and bad practices. School Counselors are in charge of implementing preventive as well as interventional programs. They have to mobilize the available resources and guide parents and students to the appropriate services. The function as a liaison between teachers, students, psychologists and other medical practioners and social service personal in implementing collaborative programs.
Student counselors are can organize a student led drug abuse prevention committee and create awareness among the adolescent children. Study results have confirmed the positive value of such student led programs in preventing the malice of drug abuse. It has also been found that multiyear preventive programs have long lasting positive effects that short-term programs. . Programs such as ‘Friendly Persuasion’, ‘Life skills Training’, ‘Midwestern Prevention Project’ which were implemented in schools had a considerable measure of success in reducing drug abuse and in delaying the onset of drinking.[155-158]. Student counselors have to interact with teachers, social workers, health care professionals and other community-based groups to workout and implement student activity programs that can be run by adolescents.
4) by providing a positive developmental environment at school the student counselor optimizes the chances of a student succeeding in his overall development. As Pittman states, “Adolescents who are merely problem-free are not fully prepared for their future” . Fulfillment of basic needs, self-identity, intrinsic motivation or the curiosity to learn about the world, a sense of competence and social security (emotional balance) are the factors which are identified as the core assets of any individual. Physical, psychological, cognitive, emotional as well as social development of the individual is crucial for the future well-being of the adolescent children. School counselor must ensure initiatives in all concerned domains so that the student develops all of these core assets.
For example, the physical aspect of well being can be taken care of by introducing aerobic endurance programs, sporting activities and other suitable activities. This would help a lot in checking the obesity crisis that is bothering the nation. Similarly intellectual aspect can be developed by conducting regular quiz programs, presentations etc. The counselor must form a student committee and make the students take responsibility to organize and actively participate in them. This sharing of responsibility improves the organizational skills and hence the self-esteem. The counselor must also collaborate with other social workers outside the school setup and arrange for implementation of community-based programs. This would help the students develop social skills and evoke in them a commitment to work for the betterment of society. These youth oriented programs would create a positive impact by improving the resilience of the student and help them resist bad influence and dangerous habits. [70 -75]
5) Collaboration is the key to success especially when resource allocation is limited and the demand is greater. The school counselor should look for collaborative effort with many social and private sector organizations and implement programs which are sponsored by these organizations. Community-based programs, environmental programs, cultural enrichment programs are some of the programs which would stimulate the young minds to channel their energy in a productive way. . The student counselor for example can arrange with the traffic police department and train students to regulate traffic and assist them during the peak hours. This would have a positive effect and also create in them a sense of respect for the traffic rules. ‘Designated Driver’ programs can also be implemented with student volunteers (for those with acceptable age) which would help minimize accidents due to drunken driving.
Similarly counselors can arrange with therapists to organize screening camps and other health initiative programs. Campaigns against drug abuse, alcohol consumption and the dangers of unsafe sex can be organized with the help of the medicos and in cooperation with medical organizations. These student led campaigns are the best way to create the awareness among adolescents about the health risks. Summer camps can be organized for students involving sports, music, computer training and other value-based education programs. . These collaborative programs offer an excellent way for students to assimilate healthy values in their lives and develop a good character. And we all know that character building alongside accumulation of knowledge is what constitutes quality education.
CBASSE, “Community Programs to Promote Youth Development (2002)”
National Academy Press, Available Online at, http://books.nap.edu/books/0309072751/html/R1.html#pagetop
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!