There are many places where one can choose to go to so that they can observe things, which interest them. Communication is an essential aspect in life and without it, life cannot function well. Lately, most people have been taken over by social websites for interaction, such as twitter and facebook. Adults have not been left behind as they are using it to establish and form relationships. The latter is mostly used by adults who want to find love and those wanting to expand their businesses and careers.
The locations, which I chose, were Starbucks, a friend’s house and ‘the spot’ which is hookah lounge. This is places where many people go to and as well as them being conducive for facebooking.
- It is on the 12th day of October, in the year 2011, that I set out to go and observe the effects that Facebook has had on the adult population. According to research, over eighty per cent of American adults consume coffee and Starbucks is where they obtain their favourite brew. At around seven thirty, I set out to star bucks, which is located at the city centre. It is strategically positioned and this means that many adults on their way to work have to pass by. Currently, Facebook is the most popular social site in the world and it attracts even adults, who would be busy with other things. Starbucks is especially full since it is a cold morning and everyone is in dire need of coffee, which has been freshly brewed.
- Upon entering Starbucks, the smell of coffee is imminent and people are lined up as they wait to be served. Others are seated as they sip on their favourite brand of coffee. For the second time in a different setting, I notice that people are on Facebook. I see a familiar face and it is my friend and she has come to get coffee, before going to work. Upon seeing her Blackberry, I notice that she is on Facebook. She tells me that it is through the social networks that she keeps in touch with her other friends. This is because she hardly ever finds time to see them physically. Facebook has taken over peoples’ lives and it is controlling how they communicate.
Day 1- Friends house
- Later on, during the day, at two in the afternoon, I head to my friend’s house, in order to use her laptop for my assignment. Upon arriving, there is blaring hip-hop music and my friend greets me as she welcomes me into her study area. I notice that most of her attention is on the mobile phone that she is using. While we talk, she is constantly communicating with people and I assume that she is texting. As I sit and do my work using her laptop, she laughs out loud and tells me about the comment made by her friend on facebook.
- Yet another incident whereby, people are communicating through Facebook is presented before me. She tells me that she finds it hard to call her friends as it is expensive, and she is used to the social website. From her reaction, it seems that Facebook is extremely vital to her and prefers it, then having physical contact with other people. As she carries on with her duties around the house, I notice that she is constantly multitasking because her phone is always held by her. I overhear her talking to her mother who is scolding her for not being attentive and diligent in her duties. Furthermore, her mother blames it on her obsession with Facebook. These observations are becoming extremely common in the two scenes, which I have visited.
Day 2- Hookah lounge ‘The spot’
- The following day I go to the hookah lounge at five in the evening. This is the time when there are many people, who have just come from work and want to get a drink. The crowd here is mostly young adults and they are seated in small groups, as they talk about their daily experiences in life. The background music is soothing and this creates a conducive atmosphere for some love birds seated at the corner of the lounge.
- Despite being on a date, a certain couple is often interrupted as the male, keeps on checking his phone. From the gestures he is making, he seems to be irritating his date but he does not seem to notice this. After a few minutes, the female leaves, and the male does not seem bothered. Relationships are being destroyed by Facebook and this issue should be addressed.
Day 2- Starbucks
- I choose to go back to Starbucks at seven in the evening, as this time is helpful for further observation. People who do not take alcohol and prefer a calmer environment choose to go to Starbucks. I seat next to a young man who is working on his laptop. It seems that he is busy working on a project, but after a closer look, he is on facebook chatting. On a normal evening, the young man could be with his friends or family, but he chooses to sit alone and chat. I think that this is extremely unhealthy and unsocial.
- I then head out to go home and cannot avoid seeing as people leave their places of work and most of them are busy with their phones. The latter range from I -phones, to Blackberries and even other brands, which are not known. There is noise coming from almost every direction, such as the hooting taxis, street vendors and the people who are catching after their workplaces. Constant use of mobile phones is the most unique thing taking place. It seems that the mobile phone is the most common form of communication in this generation.
According to what I have observed, relationships, which adults have, are becoming virtual. Mobile phones are not being used for traditional communication, but rather for the purpose of Facebook communication. The number of adults who are in facebook is alarming and this might cause problems in the future. It is vital that people are made aware of the negative impacts of using Facebook excessively. Relationships are being destroyed by Facebook and its users do not seem to notice this. If given another chance, I would like to try this observation in another setting such as a school, hospital or an office. I think the results will be the same because so long one has access to the internet, they cannot resist from using Facebook. I would like to know if people are aware that they are obsessed with facebook, which has taken over their lives.
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!