The FBI Virtual Case File Case Study
The Virtual Case File was designed in the year 2000. This software system was developed by the Federal Bureau of Investigation to assist in its case management. However, in 2005 the FBI abandoned the Virtual Case File System. The aforementioned act drew a lot of criticism from the general public since it had wasted a lot of the tax payers’ money (Kymmell, 241). The FBI’s technological setup and its archaic network system provided impetus for the implementation of the case management software system. Through the proposed FBI’sInformation Technology Upgrade Project; the American Congress allotted approximately $340 million to the project. Soon after this, the aforementioned project was separated into three folds. Additionally, the case management system software encompassed a case handling regime, an evidence controlling regime and finally a records management setup (Gabrys et al, 46). Due to the sense of consolidation in the FBI department brought about by the Virtual Case File, there was a general perception that the department would be able to execute its tasks more professionally.
The successful description of a software-intensive system requires the adoption of models which aids one to envisage the probable effects of the system. According to Webster’s definition, a model is coined as a pattern of something to be designed or an analogy employed to assist envisage a task. It is important to note that analysis falls within the realms of conception. The models may be employed acted upon jointly with the system or separately as a factor which aids in developing the system. The sources of the models vary since they can sprout from imposed laws, conventions or even from long term experience (Kuhn et al, 304).
Any form of inconsistency among the models results in a model clash.
- In the Virtual Case File system there was a clash between the waterfall model and the product model.
- The waterfall model calls for the progressive determination of the adopted system requirements such as its codes and design.
- On the other hand product model demands the visualization of operational concepts together with their interrelationships.
- The waterfall model has a number of assumptions that are to be considered for its successful implementation.
- The first assumption is that the partakers in the project determine all necessities prior to implementation.
- Secondly, the determined requirements must not have costly repercussions.
- The partakers in the project must have sufficient knowledge about the architecture to be implemented so as to achieve the determined requirements.
- The stakeholders’ expectation must be realized through the actual implementation of the requirements.
- The project’s generic nature will not undergo mammoth transformation during its development.
- Finally, the deadlines set for the project must permit ample time for sequential progress.
- If any of the aforementioned assumptions prove to be false then the project which adopts this model will grind to a halt.
- The Virtual Case File system second, third and fourth assumption of the waterfall model contradicted with the underpinning principle of property model.
- With regard to the second assumption under the waterfall model the parties in the project determined requirements that had high risk consequences.
- The SAIC devised a new management system that would phase out the ACS. This was considered to be a high-risk maneuver since in the event of VCF failing to work there would be no contingency plan.
- The other assumption which made the two models clash is the participants’ insufficient understanding of the right architecture for the successful implementation of the requirements.
- Majority organizations rely on enterprise architecture acts as a blueprint that guides vital determination of requirements.
- The enterprise architecture gives a description and organizes the IT structure and proceeds to outline the objectives of the project organization.
- However, the problem with the VCF project was that the FBI did not have the enterprise architecture.
- Results from numerous reports such as the one conducted by the National Research Council reveal that the FBI department without the blueprint could not make coherent determinations on the project’s requirements.
- The final assumption which contributed to the model clash was that the determined requirement was not equivalent to the stakeholder’s expectations.
- The FBI working with the SAICapproached the Congress for more funds to quicken the process of developing the system. The congress accepted the request and in exchange to that act they expected the system to be ready in December 2003 instead of June 2004.
- However, the FBI had not mapped out a strategic course for the achievement of completion within the stipulated deadline.
- The project contract was amended to show the new deadlines but the original software contracts were not amended to reflect the formal criteria for the FBI to accept the VCF system.
Kymmell, Willem. Building Information Modeling: Planning and Managing Construction Projects with 4d Cad and Simulations. New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
Gabrys, Bogdan, Robert J. Howlett, and L C. Jain. Knowledge-based Intelligent Information and Engineering Systems: 10th International Conference, Kes 2006, Bournemouth, Uk, October 9-11, 2006 : Proceedings. Berlin: Springer, 2006.
Kuhn, Thomas S, and Ian Hacking.The Structure of Scientific Revolutions. Chicago, IL [etc.: The University of Chicago Press, 2012.
Feenberg, Andrew, and Norm Friesen. (re)inventing the Internet: Critical Case Studies. Rotterdam: Sense, 2012
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!