Q#1)What are the advantages and disadvantages of implementing distributed and centralized databases? Does the size and location of the organization dictate if the database is centralized or distributed? Why?
A distributed database is a collection of data which are connected in a system through a simple logical network. They are managed through a distributed database management system in a single network. In the system, each part has its own dat6abse and an operating system. On the other Hand, centralized database management has all the data stored in a single place fined as collection of logically distributed database which are connected with each other through a network.
The advantages of a centralized database are that all the data can be mined from the same network, this enhance the efficiency of the system and data recovery. This is also advantageous as the systems can be maintained from a central place in well contained manner. Centralized database is limited to those at central place, any downtime in the system leads to lose as the system is completely locked down
The distributed database is advantageous because the data can be accesses by geographically distributed clients without slowing down the system. This system is also advantageous because of the location transparency (Korth, & Silberschatz, 1998).
The size and location of the organization does not determine if the database is distributed because distribution of the database depends on the storage facilities and the computers in use. In a distributed system the remote databases have their own local autonomies over their data as they can take responsibility for the security of the data, the backup and recovery. They also control the concurrency of the database as well.
Q#2) what are some of the important considerations regarding DBMS/Database design? Explain why these considerations are important.
1) Security – DBMS is a very important part of any setting that takes care of the data stored in the database, security of the system should be given the highest priority. This does NOT only apply to the data in the data base but also to the [possible breaches. Therefore security of the dbms also concerns the hardware, software, people, and data. THIS requires the implementation of a superior mission objectives for the whole debase management systems. This increasing interest in the security of then database is as results of the reliance on the computer for the storage of data. The main concepts in ensuring the security of a DBMS include authorization, Views, backup and recovery, integrity, encryption and RAID (Elmasri, &Navathe, 2004).
2) Transaction rate: the kind of traffics to the data base. A debase is supposed to be scalable to allow for future un-predetermined database accesses. This will ensure that the number of systems downtimes is reduced and the throughput is increased thereby enabling the organization to realize their database design objectives. The designer should know whether the system is read only or both. Determination of the usage patterns also helps in determining if the system can work at peak times or even if the usage patterns are evenly distributed
3) The nature of the uptime- uptimes is also another important factor to consider as it determines the number of downtimes s set is supposed to register to [prepare for the possibilities of failures. The uptimes range from the normal 16×5 and the 24×7. But it is imperative to know that the 24×7 does not allow for downtimes when then systems can be maintained
4) The nature of database administration- according to Elmasri, &Navathe, (2004), it is important to consider the way the database will be administered, as it helps in reducing the number of system downtimes when administering the database. If the administration is to be carried every day at a central point or if the administrations to be carried at different remote points. DB administration may include backups, transfers to other systems, systems integrations, data loading etc are much more important to consider especially if the database is used for commercial purposes (Korth, &Silberschatz, 1998).
Q#3) Does MS Access support all nine DBMS functions identified listed in chapter service? Why or Why not? Describe how MS Access implements these functions.
Teorey, Lightsome &, Nadeau, (2006), states that the main functions of database management systems are: indexing, Views, Security, Integrity, Concurrency, Backup/Recovery, Design, Documentation and Update/Query. Ms Access can support a number of this function, but cannot support some functions due to incompatibility between the systems. For example, access has a number of query performance problems based on the resource mamanement systems used in the latest version of the databases. This was dues to the incompatibility and causes delays in returning the delays. However, Ms Access uses the hot fixes KB2553029 to speed up the query performance. On the other hand, ms access does not function in a number of operating systems like the Mac Os, Linux, BSD, and Amiga etc. this is due to the configuration systems used in the systems (Raghu, & Gehrke, 2000).
There are a number of functionalities such as connectivity and interactions that the ms access does not support. The ms access is a native PHP; it is therefore not easy for their connectivity to offer high indexing functionality and query / update. Ms can only achieve this by using the open database management system for direct access. Then reason form thins is that ms Access is a low end natively DBMS with a poor middle-tier PHP script. Ms can also reverse engineer the script to work sufficiently.
Ms Access has a limited support for the storage functionality. This is achieved but importing database for Ms Access jet 4. By conecting ms access to live databases through the ODBC, one can easily imports the database schemas into any standard UML model. This also enhances the level of synchronization between the data models and the live databases (Teorey, Lightsome, & Nadeau, 2006).
Elmasri, R. Navathe, S. (2004). Fundamentals of Database Systems. 4th ed., Pearson Addison Wesley,
Korth, H.; Silberschatz. (1998). Database Systems. Third Edition. Makron Books.
Raghu R., & J. Gehrke., (2000). Database Management Systems, Second Edition, McGraw-Hill,
Teorey, T.J., Lighstone S., Nadeau, (2006). Database Modeling and Design, 4th. ed., Morgan Kaufmann Publishers, Inc, San Francisco
Get Professional Assignment Help Cheaply
Are you busy and do not have time to handle your assignment? Are you scared that your paper will not make the grade? Do you have responsibilities that may hinder you from turning in your assignment on time? Are you tired and can barely handle your assignment? Are your grades inconsistent?
Whichever your reason is, it is valid! You can get professional academic help from our service at affordable rates. We have a team of professional academic writers who can handle all your assignments.
Why Choose Our Academic Writing Service?
- Plagiarism free papers
- Timely delivery
- Any deadline
- Skilled, Experienced Native English Writers
- Subject-relevant academic writer
- Adherence to paper instructions
- Ability to tackle bulk assignments
- Reasonable prices
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Get superb grades consistently
Online Academic Help With Different Subjects
Students barely have time to read. We got you! Have your literature essay or book review written without having the hassle of reading the book. You can get your literature paper custom-written for you by our literature specialists.
Do you struggle with finance? No need to torture yourself if finance is not your cup of tea. You can order your finance paper from our academic writing service and get 100% original work from competent finance experts.
While psychology may be an interesting subject, you may lack sufficient time to handle your assignments. Don’t despair; by using our academic writing service, you can be assured of perfect grades. Moreover, your grades will be consistent.
Engineering is quite a demanding subject. Students face a lot of pressure and barely have enough time to do what they love to do. Our academic writing service got you covered! Our engineering specialists follow the paper instructions and ensure timely delivery of the paper.
In the nursing course, you may have difficulties with literature reviews, annotated bibliographies, critical essays, and other assignments. Our nursing assignment writers will offer you professional nursing paper help at low prices.
Truth be told, sociology papers can be quite exhausting. Our academic writing service relieves you of fatigue, pressure, and stress. You can relax and have peace of mind as our academic writers handle your sociology assignment.
We take pride in having some of the best business writers in the industry. Our business writers have a lot of experience in the field. They are reliable, and you can be assured of a high-grade paper. They are able to handle business papers of any subject, length, deadline, and difficulty!
We boast of having some of the most experienced statistics experts in the industry. Our statistics experts have diverse skills, expertise, and knowledge to handle any kind of assignment. They have access to all kinds of software to get your assignment done.
Writing a law essay may prove to be an insurmountable obstacle, especially when you need to know the peculiarities of the legislative framework. Take advantage of our top-notch law specialists and get superb grades and 100% satisfaction.
What discipline/subjects do you deal in?
We have highlighted some of the most popular subjects we handle above. Those are just a tip of the iceberg. We deal in all academic disciplines since our writers are as diverse. They have been drawn from across all disciplines, and orders are assigned to those writers believed to be the best in the field. In a nutshell, there is no task we cannot handle; all you need to do is place your order with us. As long as your instructions are clear, just trust we shall deliver irrespective of the discipline.
Are your writers competent enough to handle my paper?
Our essay writers are graduates with bachelor's, masters, Ph.D., and doctorate degrees in various subjects. The minimum requirement to be an essay writer with our essay writing service is to have a college degree. All our academic writers have a minimum of two years of academic writing. We have a stringent recruitment process to ensure that we get only the most competent essay writers in the industry. We also ensure that the writers are handsomely compensated for their value. The majority of our writers are native English speakers. As such, the fluency of language and grammar is impeccable.
What if I don’t like the paper?
There is a very low likelihood that you won’t like the paper.
- When assigning your order, we match the paper’s discipline with the writer’s field/specialization. Since all our writers are graduates, we match the paper’s subject with the field the writer studied. For instance, if it’s a nursing paper, only a nursing graduate and writer will handle it. Furthermore, all our writers have academic writing experience and top-notch research skills.
- We have a quality assurance that reviews the paper before it gets to you. As such, we ensure that you get a paper that meets the required standard and will most definitely make the grade.
In the event that you don’t like your paper:
- The writer will revise the paper up to your pleasing. You have unlimited revisions. You simply need to highlight what specifically you don’t like about the paper, and the writer will make the amendments. The paper will be revised until you are satisfied. Revisions are free of charge
- We will have a different writer write the paper from scratch.
- Last resort, if the above does not work, we will refund your money.
Will the professor find out I didn’t write the paper myself?
Not at all. All papers are written from scratch. There is no way your tutor or instructor will realize that you did not write the paper yourself. In fact, we recommend using our assignment help services for consistent results.
What if the paper is plagiarized?
We check all papers for plagiarism before we submit them. We use powerful plagiarism checking software such as SafeAssign, LopesWrite, and Turnitin. We also upload the plagiarism report so that you can review it. We understand that plagiarism is academic suicide. We would not take the risk of submitting plagiarized work and jeopardize your academic journey. Furthermore, we do not sell or use prewritten papers, and each paper is written from scratch.
When will I get my paper?
You determine when you get the paper by setting the deadline when placing the order. All papers are delivered within the deadline. We are well aware that we operate in a time-sensitive industry. As such, we have laid out strategies to ensure that the client receives the paper on time and they never miss the deadline. We understand that papers that are submitted late have some points deducted. We do not want you to miss any points due to late submission. We work on beating deadlines by huge margins in order to ensure that you have ample time to review the paper before you submit it.
Will anyone find out that I used your services?
We have a privacy and confidentiality policy that guides our work. We NEVER share any customer information with third parties. Noone will ever know that you used our assignment help services. It’s only between you and us. We are bound by our policies to protect the customer’s identity and information. All your information, such as your names, phone number, email, order information, and so on, are protected. We have robust security systems that ensure that your data is protected. Hacking our systems is close to impossible, and it has never happened.
How our Assignment Help Service Works
1. Place an order
You fill all the paper instructions in the order form. Make sure you include all the helpful materials so that our academic writers can deliver the perfect paper. It will also help to eliminate unnecessary revisions.
2. Pay for the order
Proceed to pay for the paper so that it can be assigned to one of our expert academic writers. The paper subject is matched with the writer’s area of specialization.
3. Track the progress
You communicate with the writer and know about the progress of the paper. The client can ask the writer for drafts of the paper. The client can upload extra material and include additional instructions from the lecturer. Receive a paper.
4. Download the paper
The paper is sent to your email and uploaded to your personal account. You also get a plagiarism report attached to your paper.
PLACE THIS ORDER OR A SIMILAR ORDER WITH US TODAY AND GET A PERFECT SCORE!!!